Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deploying project that uses PDFCreator

Status
Not open for further replies.

basbrian

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
AU
I am at the last stages of my first Visual Studio 2008 vb.net project. I use within the project PDFCreator to create a pdf file. All working fine. I am now trying to "setup and deploy" my project using the setup wizard.

On my test pc, it installs without error. However, when I run the program it comes up with an error saying that it can not find gsdll32.dll in the c:\program files\GPLGS directory. This a ghostscript file that pdfcreator uses. You need to install ghostscript before installing pdfcreator normally.
When I have a look at the deploy project's application folder, it has the PDFCreator files and dlls but there seems to be no ghostscript files.

Can I include the ghostscript install program in my project somehow??? Or the ghostscript dll's??? or will I have to install ghostscript and then install my program??

What should I do ??????

It really depends on the other program simply including the files if it is a com dll generally will not do it because they have to be registered in the GAC. That is the most likely so then the best solution then is to install ghostscript.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back