Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying prerequisites via CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylua

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
GB
Hi

I've been deploying an OEM program for a camera over the web but there's not many people actually downloading it. So I want to put it on the CD that goes with the camera.
And I want it to install the relevant .NET framework from the CD rather than installing it off the web as it can be a 200MB file to install.
THEORETICALLY I should be able to just select the option, 'Download prerequisites from same location as my application' and Visual Studio does it all for me!
But, naturally, it doesn't. It cannot 'locate the information'.

I've tried searching for it on the web to put into the
\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages
Folders. Can't find it anywhere. Even downloaded the recommended VB.NET version 3.0 and converted my application to that Framework, still no joy.

Searched for hours, can't find any answers that I am not doing already.

Extra info, the prerequisites come up in the Prerequisites dialog box. And the 3.0 version appeared in there after I installed it. And, obviously, the programs are running fine thru the VS development environment so the files must be there somewhere. And VS must be finding them.

Using Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition.

Is this a limitation of the Express Version? Or is there another solution.

Just done a full install of the full version (trial) of VS 2010 on another computer. It's done exactly the same so that's not it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back