Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying Office 2000 retaining Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

bard9

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2001
US
Hello,

I have a need to upgrade my Office 97 users to Office 2000 while not upgrading Access from 97 to 2000. This seemed like a simple thing to me untilizing the Custom Installation Wizard available with ORK. I created an administrative install point and then created a custom MST file. During the wizard, I selected to uninstall Excel97, Word97, Powerpoint97. I was careful to leave Access97. When prompted which components to install, I selected the "not available" option for Access 2000. Additionally,I specified an alternate install path than the default.

FInally, I installed using my new transform file on a client machine. All went flawlessly and each component was put into my alternate directory and the selected components were removed. The Access 2000 executable however was installed in the default path and overwrote my Access97 executable. Both versions of Access are now useless.

I have tried to find any way to stop this from occuring. Has anyone ever successfully been able to install just some Office 2000 components while retaining some Office 97 components in this manner? If so, how? I do not require both Access 97 and Access 2000 (there is a knowledgebase article on that), I just want Access 97 and the rest of the Office 2000 applications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back