Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying .net framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanley

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
Good day.

I need to deploy .net framework on 340 PCs. I know that deployment can be done via a GPO, however, the framework includes patches.

Is there a method by which an all inclusive package can be used to distribute?

Yep - GPO to deploy it and approve the patches on your WSUS server would be the easiest way.

You can package non-MSI apps into a MSI, however given that both the .Net Framework and patches are all from MS I would go along with the GPO and WSUS route.

Failiing that, I'm pretty sure .Net patches can be downloaded as .MSI's too - so GPO them! :)

Good Luck,

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

If you head over to Appdeploy (i can't get on it at the mo but i think that's my end) there are instructions on how to add the patches to the MSI and then deploy using GP.

When you are the IT director, it's your job to make sure the IT works. If it does work they know already and if it doesn't, they don't want to hear your pathetic excuses.

Are there any tools that can report which machines have .net installed that you are aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back