Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying LAB 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOPBAY

Programmer
Sep 29, 2014
AU
Hi everyone,

I want to perform Asterisk + Avaya H323 trunk test in my LAB.
I have a few VMWare ESXi 7.3 servers, POE switch and Avaya handsets in my LAB and IP Office VM version is running.
I am familiar with IP Office but I am a newbie to Aura.

I did some Google search and watched some Youtube how-to videos but I would like your advice here.
[platform question]
Just for H323 trunk test with Asterisk, can you do everything in VMWare without buying hardware?
If not G430/G450 GW is required? My understanding is you have options to install CM into s8300 module or deploy CM (OVA version) to VMWare using SDM Client.

[license question]
Is there any demo licenses available? wondering what kinda license required for my test.

Sorry for beginners questions..

You can do a pure software solution, as in, no hardware. Ultimately, you need DSPs - CM is mostly useless without them. Whether they come from a G4x0 or a AAMS is up to you.

Licensing is way more difficult of a question, and I don't have any useful answers for you but someone else might.

IP Office and Aura are 2 different platforms. IP Office doesn't use G430/G450.

IP Office demo mode should be fine for a software only solution and building an H323 trunk to asterisk. You'd need more to do it on Aura in terms of compute even if you did software only and I don't think there's a freebie license like IPOffice to setup a small system on your own.

Thank you kyle555 and dialtonebone for your replies.
It seems you can enjoy all features for first 30 days after you deploy CM ova into VMWare ESXi.
I will get a secondhand G450, have factory reset with a jumper thing and try to connect it to CM.

Whatever floats your boat. You can try deploying a media server. Not sure if it has 30 day grace period too. If so, you can save your money buying a g450. You might be able to deploy a Communication Manager Messaging voicemail too if you don't mind old stuff with 30 day grace periods

Nevermind... Media Server doesn't have a 30 day grace period.

Any Avaya CM gateway would work - G250,350,430,450,700. You'd need an Avaya console cable for all but the G430 and G450. You can use IP or rs232 to connect to the console on 430 and 450 and a 430 can be had for <$100 on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back