Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying Forms 6i on Oracle Application Server 9i

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodi

Programmer
May 23, 2003
IN
Hi,

I do not know whether to post this question in this forum. But, nonetheless let me elucidate as to where I am getting stuck.

1) On a Windows 2000 SP4 box, I have installed Oracle Application Server 9i (henceforth referred as Oracle 9iAS).
2) I have compiled a form created in Forms 6i to make it compatible with Forms 9i. I have used the Forms Compiler that comes with Oracle 9iAS. It creates the required .fmx file.
3) Now when I run this form by using the "Run this form on Web" option and Internet Explorer gets launched and I am asked to fill out the relevant details that it asks in the resultant html file like the name of fmx, port number, web listener name etc). When I press the Submit button, I get a error message in Internet Explorer stating " This page cannot be displayed".

What else is required to tune the configuration? I have already configured the registry.dat, default.env files as they are required by Oracle 9iAS.

There is something called Jinitiator which has to fit in these scheme of things. Can somebody point out exactly what more needs to be done.

Regards,
Vinodi

P.S. If this is a wrong forum do not flame me or kick me out but kindly guide me to the correct forum.

Vinod

Now when I

~~The only place where SUCCESS comes before WORK is in the dictionary~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back