Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying Apps To Remote Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonMag

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Hi,

i have an issue with trying to deploy apps via ZEN to users who connect to the office via VPN. The users can login to ZEN via the middle tier server to have applications deployed to them via the application launcher. The problem I have is that each of the applications errors with a message that it could not deploy. I think it is something to do with drive mapings.....

Each of these apps work fine if you are connected to the network in the office with the relevent drive mapings.

How can I get the same apps to deploy to the VPN users as if they were in the office? We are looking at deploying MS Office to these users via ZEN.

Thanks

Simon.

Please provide info on your hosts OS.

I need to know what OS and SP level the Middle-Tier and the Backend server are running, what version of ZfD and SP level you are using.

Are you only using the ZFD agent on clientless PC's? or are you trying to use the Web interface for deployment?

Are the apps workstation or user associated?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer

Brent,

I am running ZenWorks 6.5 SP1 on Netware 6.5 SP1. The version of the Application Launcher is 6.5.0.4 and we are using the ZFD agent to deploy the apps and they are user associated. Each of the machines have Novell Client 4.91 and each of the remote users login to workstation only and then connect to the office via ADSL VPN link.

At this point they would login to the Zen middle tier server to get the apps.

Thanks

Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back