Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying a private web service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyhawk

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
AU
Hi all,

I have created a web service in VB.Net using the localhost. I now want to deploy it onto an internet web server but I only want it available to those who know it is there. ie I don't want to publish it. So which files do I need to put on the web server?

Cheers,

Ladyhawk. [idea]
** ASP/VB/Java Programmer **

If you want to support a private web service the best thing to do might be to include some sort of authentication request.

Other than that simply deploy the same files you normally would. The dll, the asmx, and any xml documents used.

That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

Hello,

I have a similar question. I have a WebApp that uses a SQL db from my machine. How can I deploy the App and the db so that it can be intalled on any machine and run? I do not want to send the source code. For now that is the only way I know how to change the connnection string to the current machine's SQL Server location.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back