Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploy Shared Printer Update to Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebowitzit

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2012
US
I manage a student computer lab with 24 desktops running Windows 7 Pro, an old Windows 2000 server/domain controller and a shared HP 4345mfp printer. Recently, I had to make a change to the printer's IP address (long story, not relevant to the problem at hand), and I changed the printer on the Windows 2000 server to reflect it. I had hoped that the change would be reflected automatically on the desktops (which, I assumed, were connected to the printer via its share on the server), but the desktops still can't print, and their connectoids for the printer still show the old IP address. How can I push out an update to the desktops (or, since this is a Windows 2000 server, would this be a per-user update?) without visiting each desktop individually or telling each user to remove and reconnect to the printer manually?

Mark Lebowitz
Chicago, IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back