Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploy IE7Setup.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

byevjzts

Programmer
Feb 14, 2007
GB
I have used the IE Admin Kit to create an IE package ready to be installed. However i cannot find a way to deply it as Active directory only allows deployment of MSI's?

Does anyone know how i can force 20+ computers to run/deploy this exe package?

Thanks in advance

Phill

I tried for a while to get the IE7 MSI to install (it can be extracted) but i didn't manage to get it to work, i even tried to integrate it into the install CD using Nlite but there was always odd issues. The best way i've found is using WSUS it's free so if you have a web server you can put it on that, it might seem a bit ott but you can then continue to manage all patches on those clients centrally.

psexec.exe, part of sysinternals, is another way. I agree that a windows update server is the best solution, but if you just want to slap something onto a machine, use psexec.

Thanks guys, i think i may have to go the WSUS route.

I am running a MDG 3Go system, 1 Gig Ram, XPsp2. I want to install Python 2.3.5. I want to create an object on the NAL using Zenworks 6.5. The object will not open Python, the gui will not open. Any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back