Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deploy asp.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

123ASP

MIS
Nov 2, 2002
US
hi, I have created a simple 3 pages application. Input form and 2 datagrid. back end is access database. I need to deploy the application to a host company. since I am doing this for the first time, Is there any consideration that I need to account for before I send the 3 aspx pages. What questions I need to ask the hosting company to know if they host aspx or how would I know if I can put the actual aspx page or I compile the project then ftp the project.
your advice is appreciated.
Al

You should ask the hosting company if they host asp.net web pages. This means that they have installed the dot.net framework (hopefully at least 1.1). Most hosting sites that host these types of pages have self help web pages that instruct you how to proceed.
If your hosting svc lets you link to them via the VS.NET application then its a piece of cake. Most do not! They give you access to a few folders and let you know where the dll's are located.

I hope that I shed some light. I know that there is a ton of stuff out there. If anyone has any other ideas please post.
Klaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back