Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploy a new Web Application Module from Map Network Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamojo

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2008
PH
Hello everyone,

I created a domain then it is running as a service in Windows. Then I tried to Deploy a new Web Application Module from a Map Network Drive but the Map Network Drive is not found. But when I ran the Domain using the startWebLogic.cmd, the Map Network Drive now is found.

Can you give me some thoughts about this?

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks in Advance

I guess it's a permissions issue. Which user is running the service?

Cheers,
Dian

Thanks for the reply.

I log on to the map network drive using the Administrator account where the folder(map network drive) is located.

But when you run the service, it runs under a specific account, NT-Authotiry by default, I think, so it won't we able to access external resources.

From [URL unfurl="true"]http://fcis.vdu.lt/__Help/FOV1-00074CAC/S02E75C6F-02E75C76[/url]
Windows services running under the "Local System" account are defined by the system to have no network access. (See service properties screenshot below.)
The problem here is not with user names, passwords, or startup timing; the problem is that services running under the "Local System" account are not able to see network drives, by definition. That is part of the Windows design.
Secure but read-write access to network drives must occur through a different, specific user context. Furthermore, what you map as a local drive from your Windows session is independent of what the service sees, as it is running in a completely different user environment. (Think: multiple concurrent logins here, and the service is running as "Local System" before you log in.)

I'd check the service properties and add an account with domain privileges

Cheers,
Dian

Thanks for the reply.

I changed the Log on account of the bea service. I went to Services>bea domain service>Properties>Log On tab. I selected the This Account radio box then entered the username(Administrator) with domain priveleged. But when I went to Web Application to Deploy a new Web Application Module, the map network drive still not showed up.

Has the Administrator the network share drive avaliable?

Take a look at this

Note: When accessing network drives, the Windows service must run under the same username as the one who shared the network drive.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back