Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deplist Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFrey

Programmer
Dec 20, 2009
US
If I Load and Activate a new Deplist through Element Manager is that service affecting?

Thanks

It's possible. You should run the MIRCC tool and look at the results to see if any of the patches will require an INI or cold start to activate. I did a deplist refresh on a few systems last year that automatically INI'd the systems after the deplist finished.

THE MIRCC tool said 1 PEP will need an INI and there are a few obsolete PEP's to be removed that require an INI. So I guess that means yes on service affecting correct?

Yes, I'd schedule the refresh during a maintenance window and if it doesn't INI on its own, manually INI the system after it completes.

This system has a redundant call server. If I apply the deplist to the active one does it automatically update the stand by call server?

Yes the patch are propagated to the standby cpu. i just want to add that i had see recently special instructions which mentions to make a cold start (reboot -1 under pdt) and not only ini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back