Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dependent Dropdown (Combo) box in Excel, utter newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mflawson23

Programmer
Dec 12, 2005
GB
Hi Folks,

Been working with Access, ASP and mySQL for ages but have need for an excel file to provide an end-user (boo) with a series of dropdown boxes within a sheet.

Q1. Can 2 dropdown menus (combo boxes) be created within a worksheet which are dependent. i.e. If a selection (i.e. plumbers) is selected in the first menu, the second would display corresponding matching subitems (central heating, gas fitter, etc etc). The data would be held in some columns within the same sheet.

IF this is a question which has a FAQ please let me know, but be kind , complete newbie here!

Hint for looking on the Contextures site ( as recommended by Skip ) ... look at Data Validation - Dependent Drop-downs.

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back