Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dependency Requirements for CR7 Reports to be distributed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMRx

Programmer
Jul 16, 2000
US
I recently used the DateTimetoTime function in a non-compiled report distributed to me customers. The report worked fine on my developement system but this function failed on all of my users' systems. I changed the code to work around the problem.

How can I routinely the dependency requirements when I modify or create a new rpeort to be distributed? And then can I simply send the required file to the end user without the dll being registered on their system.

Thanks for your help!!
Tom

This is the reason why people create a web portal of crystal reports for there partners, vendors, and customers to run and view. No distribution of reports or dependence DLL's are required!

Web enabling your reports only requires a one-time browser plug-in for your clients to download for them see the crystal report just as you the developer does in the designer.

This type of web integration is what I specialize in.

It would be hard for me to step you through all the steps necessary to web enable your reports, but if you are interested please get in touch with me.

Steven Fowler
e-Business Intelligence Experts[sup]TM[/sup]
wpe1.gif

We specialize in:
Crystal Report Authoring
Seagate Info Deployment
Data-warehouse and Data-mart Development
Infrastructure Planning
Seagate Crystal Report and Info Training

You can use the CTime or TimeValue functions instead of DateTimeToTime when converting a DateTime value to a Time value. The CTime and TimeValue functions are more efficient since they are not UFLs, and also don't require the UFL to be distributed with the report.

MalcomW, I had already used the Time(DateTime) function to convert the DateTime value. I am interested in some way in general of determining which Crystal dlls(dependencies) that I must distribute for my clients to use these report files. For example each time I modify or create a new report file comparing the dependencies(if any) for that file vs the dependencies I currently distibute with a new installation.
Thanks, if you can help.

Seagate has a free utility for determining the dlls loaded, and which apps are calling them. The name of it escapes me at the moment, and I don't have a copy cause of some system maintenance I'm doing now.
Whoops, I just remembered the name
is where the detailed info is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back