Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dependency lines wrap around when printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnoshea

MIS
Sep 10, 2011
GB
I am new to MS Project, and am working on a project which I need to print to send to a customer. When I print on 1 page, the dependency lines between tasks work fine, and link as they're supposed to. However the project has too many tasks to be legible when printed on a single page, so I changed the settings to print over 1 wide / 3 high. When I do this, instead of the dependency lines running from one task to the next, some loop back round the initial task terminating to the far left hand margin. Looking at them now, it seems to be those tasks with a dependent on a different page that have this issue.

I did think this may be related to print drivers, but noticed the issue is visible in print preview rather than just when printing. I've tried printing to pdf too, but without any luck.

Both Google and a check on MS Project forums draw a total blank so it doesn't seem to be a common problem, hopefully I am just doing something stupid that can be easily rectified. Very grateful for any insight anyone can provide as I had to hold off sending to my customer Friday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back