Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dependant combo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrep

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
CA
I am having a problem with a combo who should filter the second combo !

The problem is that the second combo is a lookup field with a column count. Now because the value is numeric although it
shows the text value. My combo 1 does not requery the second
combo.

Any one have a work around for this situation !

Thanks
André

Andre

I have been reading your posts with the DSUM function as the header. I now see you attacking the same problem from another direction. Very commendable!

I would like to offer some ideas not directly related to your post. Hopefully, this will not discourage others from responding to the requested subject.

I have worked with inventory systems for nearly 20 years. Typically, the current QOH is a column in the Inventory Master table, and is maintained by an Inventory Transaction table. However, you are correct in believing the QOH is a dynamic value, based on summarizing credits and debits. In a pure relational design, this is how it SHOULD be.

However, years of practical design have agreed it is acceptable to de-normalize this for a few important reasons.
I do not want to spend the time to elaborate on this, unless you feel it would aid you in your project.

Anyway, if you already store the current QOH, you will eventually need to evaluate the PROJECTED QOH (trust me). I will send you a sample MRP/Inventory database if it will aid you in your design. It does a fair job of showing the key tables, and their relationshps.

Send me an E-mail and I will forward it to you. As for solving your immediate problem, if you do not get a quick Access response, I will send you an example of how to do it with DAO.

Regards

stevem@nuprecon.com
SteveAndEdie1@attbi.com

You are correct of course Steve on your assuming the inventory system!

Basicly a very simple system to evaluate what is on hand within the product form !

Which is actualy the same form as the inventory !

Since i have succeeded in obtaining the sum of good bought
and the sum of goods sold, a simple substraction is all i need in the stock on hand which could be calculated when the form opens!

Unfortunatly i am just learning and have little experience in programming.

I would appreciate you sending me your db so i can learn from that !

andrep@pearle.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back