Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deny Voice Call for certain extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppy1982

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2006
US
Hello, certainly I know there is the possibility to disable the voice call (function 88) and enable the voice call with (function #88). However I am looking to deny certain extensions the possibility of using the voice call (function 66 | extension). I know a lot about IT things and I am pretty used to Toshiba phone systems unfortunately not so much to Nortel. Well now I have the luck that we have a nortel Norstar phone system :-( Hope you guys can help me.

Best regards,
Flo

lugerlover I know you lost your job, but don't take your anger out on people asking for help. If you don't want to help, silence would be better.

You got stock in Nortel? if so run! don't walk to your broker. Sell, Sell, Sell

When in doubt RTFM (read the friggin manual)

Sorry, had to vent, you cannot stop a set from doing a voice call, you can only prevent a set from receiving a voice call.

When in doubt RTFM (read the friggin manual)

Hello Lugerlover if I would look for the Nortel Partner Page I wouldn't write a new post. I talked to our certified Nortel Partner but unfortunately he said it is not possible. Since I worked with a lot of Toshiba Phonesystems and also a few Cisco Systems I just couldn't believe that you can't configure the phonesystem down to any button at the phone. Well, anyway thank you for your answer and always keep one thing in mind: "There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers!" Phoneguy427 thanks for your answer. I guess than I might just give up.

Best regards,
Flo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back