Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DENY CREATE TABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

djj55

Programmer
Feb 6, 2006
US
Hello, SQL 2008R2
I have tried to search this but only find SQL 2000 answer for CREATE TABLE deny.

I see DENY ALTER TABLE at DENY Object Permissions (Transact-SQL) but do not see CREATE.

What I want to do is keep a .NET developer from adding/modifying table schemas (They have a developement system for that). Do I just execute the command
Code:
DENY CREATE TABLE TO myuser
Will I also need to execute one for ALTER?
Thanks

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

Look up Permissions>databases in the Books On Line.

Basically:
Code:
USE AdventureWorks;
DENY CREATE TABLE TO UserName;
GO

DENY ALTER TABLE is implied by the above.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Thanks SQLBill,
I had trouble with the help. (Always do). I was searching for CREATE by eye instead of using a find which I should have done.

Thanks for the information on ALTER.

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

No problem...I started the same way (looking up CREATE TABLE), there I saw the permissions required for creating a table and just worked from there.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back