Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Demo version of BE 10 and AOFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

itecs

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2002
US
We installed the Demo version of BE 10 on a clients server (windows 2000 sp4) with the IDR, RA and AOFO options. Before installing the license numbers for BE Windows Servers, AOFO, IDR and Remote Agent, the demo version worked perfect. The AOFO ran fine on the local backup server as well as the three remote servers.

After installing the sufficient licenses in BE, the local backup server states that AOFO is not properly installed or does not have the correct licenses, however, the remote backups of the other servers are working fine with AOFO. I applied BE SP1 and any and all updates including hotfixes and driver updates. I've tried uninstalling the AOFO licenses, reboot and reinstall with no luck. I've also tried the REPAIR tool option in Add/Remove programs with no luck. The VSP.SYS file was NOT in the system32 folder on the local server, I've copied over one of the VSP.SYS file from one of the remote servers that has the Remote Agent with AOFO into the SYSTEM32 folder of the local server with no success either.

So, AOFO works well on all the other servers EXCEPT for the local backup server. And I've verified that we have enough AOFO licenses installed. Why isn't my local backup server able to use the AOFO??

run a repair on the backup exec install thru add/remove

Tried that with no success. You know the screen you'll see when installing either the licsenses or running the repair tool that has a list of all the available plugins that you can install and each plugin has the little icon next to it that you can click on to have the application "place" that plugin on your hard drive?

The AOFO plugin icon always has a red X through its icon even though we have all the licenses entered.

Hm... Try taking out the serial number and finish out the install wizard. Then add it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back