Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Demo j2ee env

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurupot

Programmer
Nov 30, 2005
US
Hi,

We have a complete/full fledged/Component based J2ee environment in Production. However I need to build a Sample environment which is a replication of the Production environment so we can Demo our product to the new customers. What things do I need to consider. What are the challenges of running multiple App Servers (like Jboss, Apache) on a single box.

If anyone has already done this before please suggest the various aspects I need to look for.

Thanks,
Gurupot.

The only challenge I can think of rigth now is the port conflicts, but after running a production environment, a test one uses to be much easier.

Anyway, I wouldn't try to do an exact copy but a working one, taking into account that some parameters like performance or throughput will not be the same

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back