Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deltaserver information incorrect 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicaluser4

Technical User
Dec 28, 2006
MT
I am facing a problem with a Deltaserver running on IP Office 406V2 3.2.
The system is equipped with 4-port analog trunk card and the problem is that the outgoing called number shows only the first 4 digits of it.

Does anybody know what is going on?

Nope. I thought delta server caught all events. What version are you using and what are you using delta server for?

I am using it for SMDR. call detail records.
It is not catching all the outgoing called number.

Not sure what is happening there.Is the data from the delta server being used by call logging software??

Maybe I can shed some light on this. I too was having a problem with what I thought was an incorrect SMDR entry. I was ready to call the phone company and complain that they had obviously made a billing error.

I have a user that is dialing too slow. They dialed the first 9 digits and then paused. The IPO passed the digits onto the phone company and then the user dialed the last 2 digits which were passed on as DTMF tones from the IPO. This resulted in a short entry in SMDR and a correctly dialed number as far as the telco was concerned. Check all of your dial timeouts. Also, check your short codes. You could be passing digits on to the telco that were dialed after the IPO thought the call dial process was completed.

Drew

Agree with Drew.You could change your dial delay timer but more so the dial delay digits. This would slow down call connection by a few seconds but it would send all the digits to line in a complete string.

I think you are right Drew.
It must be related to the dial delay timer and someone that takes it easy to dial.

The thing that clued me in was I was not having problems with the SIP trunks. Obviously, you have to pass all the digits before the call can be completed, so it would fail.

You probably could modify some shortcodes as well to constrain a user's pokey dialing. The other thing I did was to push them into dialing through PhoneManager.

Take care,
Drew

you can fix that if you are in north america (just because I think that a lot of countries in Europe have different numbers of digits for the phone numbers and area codes) and you use the shortcode with 10 x's instead of the N shortcode, then the system will wait until all digits are called and not just dial with 9 digits.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back