Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delphi7 saves different dfm textformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

PascalKlaus

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
DE
If Delphi7 saves forms (*.dfm) in textformat, characters above ASCII 128 were saved as '#+ASCII-Code' i.e. '#184' for ©.

i.e.:
Code:
Label1.Caption = 'Copyright '#184' by ...'

If I save it manually (with F2 in the forms text view) from Delphi's editor it saves as:

Code:
Label1.Caption = 'Copyright © by ...'

like in Delphis lower versions.
But after recompiling the project its the same as shown in example 1.

Are there any settings in Delphi7 to save this generally as shown in the second example.

This problem is because I have to access to the dfm file for translation of the strings for a localization utility.

the proper way would be to use external resource bundles (most likely simple textfiles indexed as key-value pairs) to load the strings from and not to modify the DFM files.

In Java you'd use ResourceBundle for it, forgot what it's in Delphi (haven't used it in quite a while).

I don't modify the DFM-files. The strings are only read from there and will be written to a database. From there a string ressource for every language is produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back