Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DELPHI Reference 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WETFOX

Programmer
Jun 23, 2002
SA
Hi! I'm a VB Programmer and I just want to shift to Delphi.
Please give me info where should I start. I prefer tutorial type books or any URLS that offer tutorials. I cant find here books that deals with advance beginner like me.

PLS HELP!!!!!

ERA
era@nittsu.com.ph
era@digitelone.com

Welcome to Delphi!

Have you tried the FAQs in this forum? There is one that recommends suitable books.

My personal recommendation would be the "Mastering Delphi" series by Marco Cantu.

Andrew

Thanks for your quick reply! I already bought Mastering Delphi 6 by M. Cantu but I can't grasp what he says. It's not very much detailed for a beginner. I will be transferring to a new work and I would like to use Delphi......(should have decided before :)). I found features that are lacking in VB...sorry!!
Are you a Delphi Prog??

ERA
era@nittsu.com.ph
era@digitelone.com

Yes, I am a Delphi programmer as I think are most people in this forum. We think that Delphi is great and you should find that you will get useful help here (especially as you seem to be defecting from VB :))

Do you know Pascal? A reasonable knowledge of Pascal is required to develop any non trivial Delphi program.

Perhaps somebody in this forum who has transferred from VB to Delphi can recommend a good book?

Andrew

I only knew a little in Pascal. I admire the power of DELPHI, a property in Object inspector is a lot of code in VB. Im a VB user for 5 years!

ERA
era@nittsu.com.ph
era@digitelone.com

As Andrew said, check out my FAQ. There's some e-books you can download on Object Pascal and Delphi (both from Marco Cantu's site). Here is the FAQ: faq102-2794

Hope this helps!

Clive [infinity]

tHANK YOU GUYS!!!!!i WILL MAKE A PEEP ON THIS FAQ...

ERA
era@nittsu.com.ph
era@digitelone.com

You can try

Lots of tutorials, code samples, etc... (and lots of pop-up ads).

Brian
"There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group." - tag line I stole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back