Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delphi or C++ builder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick2002

Technical User
Dec 19, 2002
HR
I'm wish to learn one of these two RAD's, so it wold be great to tell me which one is better for a beggin ! Thank you !

It would think it depends on your background. Having come a 'C' background (and now C++) my personal preference is for C++ Builder. The other reason behind this is that I have never been exposed to Pascal or Object Pascal and don't really have any desire to learn it. The intracacies and nuiances of C++ keep me busy enough as it is. Maybe you should ask this question on a Delphi forum and see what responses you get.

I have been programming both Pascal and C(++) and i chose C, it's a little harder to learn in the first step but later it's easier but the difference is not significant, it's sort of the "same taste with at different colour".
One thing though: it can be quite difficult to read other peoples C-program and understand what they are doing but on the other hand: C provides greater flexibility as i see it. Totte

Totte and mattcs , I totally agree with you. It all depends where you are coming from either a C,C++ or Pascal background. Mostly,whatever you can do with Delphi you can do with C++Builder and the other way around, but there are some exceptions .BCB can compile Delphi since it also includes the dcc32 compiler while Delphi can't compile C++. Also you can use almost all(there are some freeware components that do not contain bpl and no source) the Delphi components out there. I started of with BCB and now I know Delphi almost as good as C++Builder.

So no matter which one you start using first its easy to then start using the other.

Also forgot to mention that Delphi compiles much faster than C++Builder :(

Unix is written on C++, WINNT and so on .
I started in the begining with Pascal, byt after that I have learned C++ and I saw that he is more complex and flexible than Pascal.
( Please excuse me for bad English . Thanks )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back