Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delphi editor option.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitping

Technical User
Jul 26, 2003
IR
Hi
I am a visual basic programmer and a newbie in Delphi7. When you type an expresion(command,variable name or a function name)in VB environment, the editor converts it to correct state of lower/upper case.
for example assume thet you define this integer variable :
Dim AnApple As Integer
then you type this:
anapple=3
as soon as you left that line ,the editor automatically converts it to correct form :
AnApple = 3
I know that Delphi is incasesensitive,just like VB,but I realy want to konw if I can change this editor property in Delphi 7.
Please tell me.

I have heard that some code-beautifiers can do this for you, and I'm using GExperts(.org), but haven't found the option that does that for me. Way back when I was experimenting on what Windows programming environment to choose, I was at first rather annoyed by VB changing case of my variables, as back in those days it was not so well developed I guess. Now it would be a nice to have feature, so if anyone knows?

TIA
TonHu

Press <Ctrl>+<Space> as you are typing.
This envokes the list box that will complete what you are typing. This works for variable names, functions, etc.

To get reserved words and constructs, press <Ctrl>+<Shift>+J
This envokes the code insight list to speed up your typing.

The standard delphi environment does not fix these things for you after you have finished typing like VB does.

Hope this helps :)
Tim
SNL Computing

Tim,

Thanks for the reminder, sent you a star!
I wouldn't mind using Delphi more often , but my current job doesn't need it so...

THNX
TonHu

One thing to remember is that delphi is not case sensitive, so it's less important that case-related errors be corrected in delpi than in VB or C#.

Brian
&quot;There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group.&quot; - tag line I stole

Sorry, it has been pointed out to me that vb is not case sensitive.

Brian
&quot;There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group.&quot; - tag line I stole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back