Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delphi , CGI, APACHE

Status
Not open for further replies.

serkanb

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
TR
Hi everybody!
I've written a simple "Hello world!" CGI application with
Delphi 6. Then I've coppied it Apache's /cgi-bin directory.

When I try to run CGI aplication from Internet Explorer
an error message occure. For example:

Internal Server Error.

This error seems in Error Log file like this:

(2)No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process: c:/program files/apache group/apache/cgi-bin/hello.dll

I've added the lines below in to httpd.conf:
{

ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache"

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin/"

<Directory &quot;C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin&quot;>
AllowOverride None
Options ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .dll .pl .exe
}
But it didn't work. There is something wrong here...
Could you please help me?
Thanks...

ps: I've tried it with ISAPI dll application and CGI executable application. But none of them didn't work.

Hi mate,
The problem here is -I believe - you forgot to tell apache that these requests need to be handled by your Delphi web server application. For example Apache can be configured to handle PHP scripts, XML or JSPs but actually 'configuring' implies telling Apache that such and such extensions have to be handled by such and such 'parsers' .Here the parser would be the Delphi web server appication you would have created. I too tried web applications with Delphi but I moved on to server pages as they are lighter and very flexible; so if you do not have to do it with Delphi, may I suggest you turn on to PHP or JSP -they work perfect with Apache.
Cheers!
BonnScott

Thanks bonnScott

I love PHP very much but It hasn't got a powerfull IDE tool so I couln't use it effectively. I feel good when I use Delphi like IDE's. I'm going to try it with Kylix.

thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back