Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delphi 5 in XP machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

FamWS

Programmer
Jul 17, 2002
MY
Hi,

Does Delphi 5 work fine in XP machine?
How to compile the application with XP icons/common dialogs?

Regards,
Fam

There are no problems with the Delphi 5/XP combination.

We have used it successfully for 12 months.

Regards
Roger Fedyk

I have problem debuging a delphi project in XP machine. Please help!

We also used Delphi 5/xp without any problems. What problem are you having? Brian
"There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group." - tag line I stole

When I debug a project with some checkpoints in the program, the debugger will just ignore the checkpoints and straight away execute the project.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

In Delphi: Go to Project/ Options/ Compiler tab: Debug information should be checked, then click Ok. Now recompile the module, and debugging should work fine.

HTH
TonHu

I do set the compiler setting and run parameter correctly. The same setting works pretty well in W2k and below PC, but not XP.

Please advice!

If you set a breakpoint on the first functional line of your .dpr, will the program get there? Brian
"There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group." - tag line I stole

I have tried to set breakpoint at the first line, but it doesn't stop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back