Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Vostro Touchpad Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a new Vostro 15 3590 laptop running W10 64 bit. The built in touchpad is a piece of c**p. I think the hardware is part of the issue but the software is the real issue. I have figured out how to turnoff all the gestures since that caused major issues (things like cursor jumping all over. I have turned the sensitivity down to low. Only choices are Most, High, Medium, and Low.

I believe that the sensitivity is still too high. Has anyone figured out how to reduce the sensitivity farther?

I can use a mouse but that has other issues.

I appreciate any help and thoughts!

Hi,

Maybe there is a way to turn off all gestures? I am strugeling with this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Is the following Dell support article of any use?

Disabling or Enabling the Touchpad on a Dell Notebook

I'm typing this on my Dell Latitude E7450 which possibly uses the same trackpad (according to the support article) and I don't experience the same issues, although I did have to turn down TouchGuard sensitivity (not Gestures... which, on mine, has a toggle-switch to turn Gestures off completely).

dell_touchpad_qqbnph.png

dell_touchpad1_nr2x78.png

If you open Device Manager, scroll down and expand Mice and other pointing devices then double-click on the Dell Touchpad entry, does Manufacturer show as Alps Electric (which is what mine shows)?

Perhaps try the Dell Update Application for Windows 10 to see if it detects a later version of the touchpad management utility?

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back