Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell t110 Memory issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgess1234

Technical User
Aug 14, 2011
US
I have a Dell t110 with a nVidia Geforce 210. Bought some 2 Crucial 4GB Dimms to expand the memory to 10GB.

When the memory and video card are both installed in the machine I get the attached error when I select system services on boot-up. If I boot to windows it show the initial WIndows screen and then hangs. Gotr WIndows 2008 R2 64bit installed on it.

I've contacted Crucial, Dell and nVidia all with no luck on what this error is and/or where it's coming from. Non of them had ever even seen it. Got the latest BIOS and drivers for everything as well.

Has anyone even seen a screen and error like this?

Did you read the white paper on memory When upgrading memory, there a few things to consider if you are going to keep the memory that came in the system, or replace all of the memory, depending on the CPU you have installed, because of differences in the xeon 5500 and what memory in what configuration it will support. Have you tried running just the crucial dimms?

Yes, I tried just the Crucial and it throws the same error. If I remove the video card works fine.

The Dell support guy and I went through all of that, trying different configs to see if anything helped. What concerns me is that he said theeir really isn't any reason the video card and memory should be causing an issue with each other.

There isn't. Unless there is a voltage off somewhere or a bad filter cap someplace. They don't share the same clocks or buss system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back