Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Server Monitoring Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sab4you

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2003
I have always used HP servers and my new shop is using Dell.

I am looking for the correct way to find/install the Dell server management/monitoring software.

I assume there is some client software to install on each Dell server that would monitor the server hardware and then communicate to a main server software product where I can get a basic overview of all servers?

If so can somebody point me in the right direction for the correct Dell client software to use and server end software?

I have checked the dell website, but the downloads dont really have good descriptions.

thx in advance

Look at Dell's OpenManage product. You install it on each server to monitor the hardware and you can install IT Assistant on your PC to create a central repository of the data collected. Works pretty good. OM works with any Dell product, not just servers.

-If it ain't broke, break it and make it better.

cool, got the open manage software working.

setup snmp and email notification, but I just cant seem to get it to notify for any disk errors? It will show up in IT Assistant alerts, but doesnt want to email me. Hrmmm

I always found it a nightmare to get OpenManage working reliably for central logging and alerting. Personally I'm just waiting for sign-off for a MOM2005 install and will use the Dell management packs instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back