Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dell pwredg 6600 4xZeon 2ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rounder

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2002
US
Dell poweredge 6600 4xZeon 2ghz 1gb cache, upon loading bios system shows 4 processors and 16 gb of ram. After loading sco5.0.6 and running hw it only shows it as a 1 processor system. MP-not loaded. Have reseated the processors and memory. rebooted , still same results , any solution would be appreciated, will be doing a reload of the os to see if the second load will see the 4 processors

I also run 5.0.6 on a Dell PowerEdge 6600 and had the same problem 6 months ago. You need to install the SMP package, RS506A, and OSS648A. Also, check that you have installed all the necessary licenses. Verify that you are using 5.0.6 because 5.0.5 does not support Intel Xeon processors. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the information, It is running 506 and have put all but the OSS648A patch will apply this on the 31st of Dec will let you know how this goes.

applied the patch OSS648A removed SMP license and thru custom loaded SMP then reloaded the SMP licenses for all 4 processors the system sees all 4 processors and only 4gb of ram, my understanding is that SCO 5.0.6 will only see 4gb of ram and 5.0.7 should adddress above that, this machine has 16gb of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back