Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell PowerVault 745N Server RAID-5 Crashed HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2005
US
Greetings All,

I am in desperate need of assistance in getting back up and running our NAS server. It is a Dell PowerVault 745N with 4 SATA drives running RAID-5. The issue is that the server crashed and when I tried to bring it back up, it boots up with the Windows 2003 server screen and then it goes black. I then took it offline and did a disk verification on it and drive 0 failed nearly immediately, drive 1 and drive 2 are fine but drive 3 failed around 93%.

I have never recovered from a RAID-5 before, so can someone help in guiding me on what is required to bring it back up. I had 2 of the replacement drives ordered and it will be here tomorrow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

The obvious solution in the NetApp forum would be buy a FAS. You might find a different answer if you posted in the Dell forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back