Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell PowerVault 725N and Windows Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

efector

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
US
Hello....My PowerVault 725N came with the Win2K Powered Software. I want to upgrade it to Win2K3 Storage server. I was told that I would install Win2K3 Server and then run the SAK 3.0 which is how MS 'makes' storage server. Is this true? does anyone have any clue if this is possible? What are the steps involved? Also, how is it that they configure the OS partitions so that the second set of the 4 drives is not shown??? I have a 725N with hardware raid.

thanks in advance.

quick question for you,
i have the same nas.
but i'm a real newbie.

how is yours configured to your network ? what is SAK ??

i would like to upgrade ours to win 2003 also, to take advantage of shadow copies and other features of win 2003
but i have never worked w/ one.

actually we just booted it up and want to setup an external DLT tape backup unit, can this be done ??
if so, where would you load say the Veritas Backup Exec software if you wanted to backup its data ??

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back