Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell PowerEdge 700 and SBS2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulGillespie

Technical User
Jul 2, 2002
GB
Hi Guys,

Not a server 2003 question but i was getting no joy on the dell forum and some people in here could most likely help.

My question is:

How noisey is a poweredge 700 server. Is it too noisey to have in a smallish office with members of staff working along side it.

Thanks in advance

Paul

I just received the rack mount poweredge and yes it is very noisy. Once the os boots it will drop the fan speed to a lower roar. Makes talking on the phone when your beside it really hard to do. Hope this helps.

Backbiter1019

Thanks for replying!

Is it a poweredge 700? i thought they were only in a tower format.

Cheers

Paul

I have one sitting behind me right now, and the only time the noise cranks up is when it is really really working - and even then it isn't bad.

Tonia

Thanks Tonia, better late than never! ;-) I have 2 now and just received a PE800 also.

Many thanks!

Paul

They aren't that moisy really, it could live in a small office without disturbing people.

AM

If it's too noisy, just disconnect the fans :) I'm not responsible if someone actually follows that comment !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back