Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Poweredge 6100/200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deak

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
I have a Power Edge I am trying to get up & Running again. It had lost 2 drives so I am wanting to wipe it & possibly Load Windows server 2000 or 2003 & I am having issue getting it to boot up of the Windows CD's Does anyone know what trick I may need to get it to accept Wind 2ooo server or Win 2003 server on it? It does have a Raid in it but not sure of anything more than this!

More information is required; define your "issue getting it to boot up off the windows CDs." Supply appropriate error messages or warnings.

No one on this board (to my knowledge) is psychic.

Sorry for not enough information. I am not able to get it to boot at all! I have redefined the Raid in it. When I place abootable Windows CD into the CD Rom drive it will not load it at all. It asks me to place a bootable device in drive. I have used the Windows CD in another system which it worked fine. If I boot up off the Dell manager CD it comes up fine so I knoww the CD drive is working fine! I hope this gives enough info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back