Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell poweredge 2850 and powervault 220s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2005
US
Hello,

I am trying to configure a powervault 220s to run with a poweredge 2850 in a Raid 10 configuration. Installed in the 2850 are two Perc4e/DC Dual Channel SCSI controllers. I have both connected to the powervault on channel 0. It is a split backplane by the way.

I have 6 drives in the poweredge configured in Raid 10 Currently. I want the 10 drives in the powervault to server as extra storage space with 2 hot spares.

WHen I go through the boot screen I get a message that says "Invalid SCSI configuration; SCSI cable detected on connector SCSI B of the primary SCSI backplane, dauthercard not present." Can someone please help me with this error or direct me somewhere that I can research this setup.

Thank you,

I figured out my problem, please do not repost to this thread. Thank you

It's generally considered polite to respond with the solution when you fix your own problem--eventually, someone with the same issue who searches for it will find your thread. Seeing someone post your exact problem, then reply to themselves with "never mind, I fixed it" is quite annoying when your systems are down and the boss is breathing down your neck.

Tek-tips is a community--please contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back