Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DELL POWEREDGE 2800 Network Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootneckIT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2007
GB
I've just taken over a small development server setup consisting of 3 Dell Servers 2 x 2800 and 1 x 6600. I am using the 6600 as my DC with 2003 Enterprise, one of the 2800 is running Red Hat with an Oracle DB, the other 2800 has 2003 Enterprise on it. My problem is that someone in the past has fitted 2 x Fire Wire cards in the 2800 I have now removed them but I can't get the 2 x Gigabit Ethernet ports on the motherboard to be recognised by Windows. They appear in the BIOS and give me the MAC Addresses etc, but I can't get Windows to recognise them, short of doing a rebuild has anyone got any ideas

So they are the elcheapo Broadcom interface. Have you removed them from device manager, uninstalled the Broadcom software, and reinstalled them, with the latest drivers off the Dell site ?

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

I've now managed to get it sorted by downloading some Intel Drivers from the Dell Web Site, a bit hit and miss as I've no paperwork to tell me what make the built in cards are, but it's working now. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back