Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Power Edge Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grovenet

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2001
GB
I have recentley installed a PE 2400 and a PE 4400. I have added Dat tape drives to the servers about a week after the SBS Server 4.5 installation. Small backups work ok but large backup cause timeout errors. I know the Dat drives are ok but the backups fail. Can anyone assist????

What backup software are you using? What do you mean small are ok but large fail? Small like a folder or 2? Large as in full backup? What are the errors exactly?

Let us know and maybe we can find an answer.

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 with OFO and Exchange Option. With small backup i meen about 100mb and large is as you say a full system backup.

Thanks

I've found that OFO is quite flakey. It has to do with the big file it creates, forgot what it's called.

I've pretty much given up on getting it to run, so I disabled it. Veritas couldn't come up with a solution when it was used on a busy server.

One thing I've found is that not backing up open files never seemed to interfere with restoring a server.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back