Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell PE4400 and Win2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrancis1958

Vendor
Oct 5, 2006
US
I'm attempting to install 2003 server on this Poweredge 4400. I have the Dell Server Assistant, v8.3 I believe.

Everything goes fine as far as building partitions etc. but when it attempts to start loading the copied Windows install files it spits an error that amdide.sys is not found. Then the install is dead in the water.

I've been searching around and found some posts on this issue but nothing specific to the PE4400.

Can anyone offer me any insight or suggestions on where to go on this? Have you run across this on that platform?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jeff francis

Not had it before but try setting up your raid manually then installing 2003 server without using the Dell server assistant. You may need to press F6 and add a raid driver on a floppy for your install to continue.

If this doesn't work, do you have another 2003 CD to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back