Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Optiplex 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbedding

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2002
GB
I have a couple of Dell Optiplex GX270 machines that in the last couple of weeks have started powering themselves off. It's happen whilst people are working on them. Nothing is listed in the event viewer. Although 1 machine when it was switched back on did say it shut down due to a temperature alert.

I looked in the log in the bios and nothing was listed in there either!

Is there any diagnosis software from Dell?

Thanks.

I've had a few of these units where the cpu fan has failed and the system shuts down, or locks up. Try slipping the cover off and verify that the fans are turning correctly.
Our systems were only 4 months old at the time so we got them replaced under warranty. Dell support were a bit reluctant to swap out the enitre system at first but a quick mention of a call to HP did the trick!

this is a known problem. leaking capacitors on the mainboard are cousing the shutdowns. call them immediately and tell them you have leaking capacitors on your mainboard and they will repair them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back