Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Open manage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshmorker

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2005
AU
Hi,
i have a MOM server in a different domain, remotely managing other servers in other domain. Everything works and now updated client Mom server with exchange management pack. Server now reports 'omreport.exe' and cmd.exe errors on screen, related to Dell open manage application running out timelessly. Causing server to have a memory leak eventually. For now i have disabled MOm services ,
Applied latest Open Manage application on server 5.2 as per Dell requirements, also updated Dell administrative pack on MOm server which should push to these servers. I am still getting omreport.exe error after this

nmorker

Dell have sorted this issue, seems open manage application calls a dll file which does not exist in current path in server, so manually add the path.. They will be updating this fix in next release.
nmorker

we have resolved this issue. As per Dell's testing and instructions.. they have forgotten to add an emtry to system path i.e c:\progra~1\Dell\SysMgt\sm before any other dell entries. They have also suggested to truncate long path file names to short ones as Microsoft server has a limitations to path size. e.g c:\program files to c:\progra~1 etc..

we have resolved this and Dell will update their next build for dell open manage .

nmorker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back