Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Latitude 430 NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

draylan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2004
SG
Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude 430 and it seems to be having a weird issue. When I power it on and plug the ethernet cable to the back, I find that the NIC isn't on. The orange light where the cable is plugged in is not on. I would have to reboot the computer again for it to turn on. Then I can get on the internet. This seems to happen frequently. Has anyone ever seen this issue before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

It could be faulty but in any case go into Device Manager, right-click your newtork adapter and select 'Properties'. Have a look at the 'Advanced' and 'Power Management' tabs - there will be a lot of options in there that don't make any sense but there might be one that relates to whether the NIC is powered up at all times.

Regards

Nelviticus

Amber Red, or just orange is indicated a faulty NIC. Make sure that the NIC in your network folder is enabled. Check your TCP/IP addresses, etc...take your time to troubleshoot...if all else fails you'll know that the NIC is faulty. Also check your Cat5e cables too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back