Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dell laptop crashes during setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

imrpat

Technical User
Apr 27, 2006
GB
hi guys

i have a dell laptop that everytime i booted it up, it crashed when windows was starting, so i thought id just formatt the whole laptop and do a new installation, however now during the setup stages it all also freezes.

so i ran a diagnostics test and found out that the processor fan is not working, so could this be the cause of the laptop crashing or is there a bigger problem that i maybe facing.

any help and solutions would be greatly appreciated

That would be the main problem. They are using the most processor at start up and during the install.

Wayne

Life is a big Roleplaying adventure.

That sounds to be the culprit for sure! You need to replace that CPU fan ASAP! You don't want to take the risk of damaging the processor or surrounding components due to overheating. THEN you can finish your reinstall - but I'd not do anything on that laptop until you get that fan replaced.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back