Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop always beeping incessantly @ start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

czchrn7k

MIS
Aug 7, 2004
US
Folks...
Please hear me out..Got this Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop which always beeps noisly @ start up b4 the Windows logo shows up...no floppy or cdron in drives...did a format n cant even install the Windows XP after the files have been loaded from the cd to hdd...checked d drive...got no problem...

D initial problem was...there was some vertical movements within the programs in the start menu..n it was always difficult to select a particular option or program with the mouse...thought formatting and reinstalling the OS..(XP)..would solve d problem...

Please give me some ideas..folks.

What is the exact beeping pattern?

Single incessant continous beeps(time lapse is like a quarter of a second)....much like an alarm.Know some of these stuff has to do with some stuck key on the keyboard...checked dat...every key seems to be working fine...Please help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back