Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell dimension 8200 DVD and CD Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

pl2959

MIS
Sep 9, 2003
US
I have problem for hardware of DVD and CD-RW drive in my dimension 8200. Suddently, those drives were gone. I didn't see them in "my computer". I checked device manager, and see "yellow !" on those devices. There has a message under property that cannot find the hardware and code 41. I attached an external DVD-RW and didn't show up in my computer neither. I tried to change another IDE cable, still has problem. Anyone can help me and give me idea to fix it. Thank you very much.

Just the basics, check/change the BIOS battery - reset BIOS to "Safe" "Default" what ever your system calls it - make sure all IDE devices (in BIOS setup) are set to "autodetect".

Have you removed any software recently, such as Roxio CD Creator?

Check the suggestion here:

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Yes, I uninstalled iPod and iTune, then that happened. I don't know why. I followed this suggestion and fixed. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back