Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell D610 - Montior Turns off When Unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc2009

Technical User
Apr 15, 2009
US
Hi,

I have two Dell D610 laptops. When they are plugged in or docked, the laptops run with no problems. However, when the laptops are unplugged the monitor shuts off but the laptop remains on. The hard drive light and the power light are green. Pressing the power button or the keyboard keys does nothing.

The battery is charged and the laptop still gives a clear reading of the battery charge. I noticed this because I checked how much charge was left when I unpluged the laptop for a few minutes and it stated it still had 67% charge.

I have checked the power options, and no matter what changes I make the problem still persists. I have even tried making changes with the administrator account in safe mode with no luck.

I was informed by Dell to go into safemode and disable services in msconfig. That appears to be a temporary fix but I lose network connections and when battery icon is replaced with an AC icon that states the laptop is connected to the AC power and not on battery.

I'm not sure what else to try, thank you in advance.

on boot hit f2 to reach the bios, browse to page 6 with alt+p, on that page (power settings) change the settings

M. Knorr

MCSE, MCTS, MCSA, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back