Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dell 6650 newbie help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetosman

Technical User
Aug 24, 2008
US
i just bought 2 dell 6650 newly install window 2003 server r2, been runing week no problem, yesterday my IT guy setting firewall and backup tape drive, then he hook up to a wrong scsi port then alarm went off, #0 hdd fail, we switch with used blank one, #1 hdd fail. then we think controller fail then we swap the other card from good server still fail, we swap complete 5 hdd with window installed from the good server, still fail. we frustrated then we return all original parts from the bad server to good server and decide to use 2nd server and repair the 1st one, now my 2nd server alarm went off too , server boot up not recognize #0-#1 raid.
please help what we doing wrong here.
thanks in advance

If you have a tape unit on the same channels as disk drives, issues are expected. Tape units should be on their own SCSI interface.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

i bought seperate controller card alarm still on but all lights on front panel are green,but can not boot up, there is no logical drives and not recognize raid o and 1. what should i do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back