Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell 2650 Server window incorrectly states Drive Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

elev8shn

Programmer
Aug 10, 2005
US
I have a Dell 2650 server with 4 RAID 1 drives. Had a problem getting them to mirror, which caused the display window on the front of the server to turn to an Amber color and to state "Drive Fail E0D76." I have since gotten the drives to mirror, and the lights on the front of the drives are all solid green. When I go into the Dell OpenManager, it shows that all of the drives are ready, no problems. I have gone into IT Assistant and cleared all of the alerts and rebooted the machine. However, the display window on the front of the server is still Amber and still displays Drive Fail. I can't tell if there is truly a problem with the drives or if there is just something I need to clear in order to clear the display.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Figured it out. In the Dell OpenManager, there is a tab for Logs which shows alerts. Clear this log file and the error goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back