Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell 2450 Stencils 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kojack96

Technical User
May 31, 2002
US
OK, how come I can't find any dell stencils for the older servers 2450 etc, only ones I found want me to pay for the stencil.

Shouldn't Dell provide these stencils for free??

Yes sir that would be my problem, all the stencils that I find on the Dell site all end up where you sent me and they only have the newer ones.

I have some older dell equipment ex 2450 that I would like to document but would be nice to have the stencils for, if you have them then yes please I would greatly appreciate them. :)

conan3
Please read your license agreement carefully before offering to redistribute. Some of us make our living by selling our efforts!

kojack96
It seems entirely unreasonable to expect others to do your work for you for free! Making stencils for your own use would seem to be a trivial part of the normal use of Visio, although I agree it's really nice if some kind organisation provides a stencil for you. However we shouldn't abuse that generosity by ignoring their license conditions.

For tsunami relief donations

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

for steam enthusiasts

I wasn't asking him to steal the stencils of the Dell equipment...

Dell offers these stencils for free. Just don't have the older ones posted, perhaps they don't want to post them I don't know what the case is but if Dell at one point provided them for free and conan3 has them why would it be theft?

As I said, read the license agreement, particularly the bit that says
THIS LICENSE GRANT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SELL, DISTRIBUTE, OR COMMERCIALLY EXPLOIT THE VNE SHAPES
The distribute bit looks pretty clear to me!

For tsunami relief donations

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

for steam enthusiasts

Well I guess someone should launch a law suit against Dell Corporation because according to johnwm this link from Dell
breaks Microsofts license agreement, particularly the bit that says
Quote:
THIS LICENSE GRANT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SELL, DISTRIBUTE, OR COMMERCIALLY EXPLOIT THE VNE SHAPES

"The distribute bit looks pretty clear to me!" as Johnwm said quote.

>Some of us make our living by selling our efforts!

??????? What you sell list of links to free infomation on the internet?

>"The distribute bit looks pretty clear to me!" as Johnwm said quote.

>"THIS LICENSE GRANT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SELL, DISTRIBUTE, OR COMMERCIALLY EXPLOIT THE VNE SHAPES"

This statement should read "Do not make a buck/Poud/Euro off our stencils"

There are even more Stencils at

And

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back